As any decision we are taking today, thinking about whether or not to start blogging roots in our passions and things that we like doing. Same goes for blogging – we must really like it in order to be able to do it well, and succeed in it.
You might ask now how should you figure it out? How can you “see” if blogging can become part of your life and one of your biggest passions? You have below a mini-guide – some things to think about before starting to blog. Let’s see – go through our list of 7 key elements to figure out if blogging can become your potential biggest next thing to do:
1. Building relationships: how good are you at this? How much do you enjoy communication, building a network, develop relationships with various people? As a blogger, this is an important part of what you’re going to do, so you need to like it and be good at it.
2. Having a lot to say, several opinions: do you feel you have many relevant, interesting, useful etc postonmagazine.com. things to share with the others? Blogging is about spreading different ideas and concepts usually around one central theme – the theme of your blog (the theme can be anything from something that can interest a variety of people or it can even be a passion of yours)
3. Being eager to discover new things and learn – especially about technology and online marketing. You’ll need to set up your blog, put up different themes, plug-ins etc., which can be a lot of fun! Of course, if this triggers your interest you can use it as an important asset – but there are plenty of bloggers that have their blog set up, so don’t be concerned too much about this if you’re not at all tech savvy.
4. Having loads of initiative and spare time – the truth is that no one is going to tell you to post an article or push you from the back. You are a self-starter in this one and you need to have your motivation up. Also, especially in the beginning – you need to post daily so that your blog becomes rich and relevant in content. Unless you hire someone to do this for you, you’ve got to have them: initiative and free time!
5. You definitely don’t mind being famous – blogging means being out there, your name in public and your opinion accessible to everyone (of course, unless you decide to publicize anonymously). That means you can handle criticism as well as good opinions, and be able to respond constructively to it.
6. Being able to be patient and somehow stubborn. Blogging sometimes doesn’t go only up, there are periods in which the water seems quiet and still and nobody is paying attention. These periods happen, it takes only patience and persistence in doing what it needs in order to overcome these down moments.
7. Sense of humor. Or the power to go over your mistakes by making fun of them and learning through the process. It’s crucial to be able to be so and continue blogging no matter what happens.
Oh well, if you “thick” all this things and you have this good feeling that your are confident all the ingredients are there, then there’s no reason for you not to start now! Of course you might still have to learn some skills and attitudes, but take it as a challenge that will only push you further!