When we have diabetes, we consider medicines and other prescriptions drugs to be our constant companions. These medicines are indeed very effective but their effectiveness has made people dependent. From insulin shots to diabetes drugs that control blood sugar, these medicines are not the cure but merely alleviate symptoms. These drugs even have harmful side effects.
Treatment can come in many forms. Taking Prescription diabetes drugs like Biguanides and Sulfonylureas are conventional ways of treating the condition. There are also treatments that your doctor may never suggest but this doesn’t mean that they are not effective.
Alternative treatments can be in form of diets, exercise, meditation and herbs. Any kind of treatment that is out not a common practice of western medicine is considered alternative. Other doctors abhor them, some medical practitioners speaks highly of their value.
DIABETES ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS
Weight loss products
It is proven that weight and diabetes are correlated and it is often advised to diabetics that they should get their weight in check as part of the treatment. This is the reason why many diabetics turn Reversirol to weight loss products as part of their alternative treatments.
These alternative elements promote weight loss and many diabetic people turn to these:
- Aristolochic acid
- Camsogia Garcinia
- Sauropus androgynus
- Momordica charanta
Herbs and Plant-based Foods
Having diabetes requires the person to have a healthy diet. Plant-based foods are advisable as they have been found to help people with this metabolic condition. It is primarily the fiber in plant foods that make them beneficial.
- Lentils and beans
- Bitter Gourd or bitter melon
- Other green and leafy foods
Alternative Diabetes Supplements
Supplements are similar to medicines but different in a way that they are something added to complete a diet or to make up for a dietary deficiency. These supplements are generally harmless.
- Zinc – This mineral plays a major role in the storage and production of insulin.
- Magnesium – It helps regulate blood sugar level. Many studies suggest that deficiency in magnesium may worsen blood glucose control in type 2 diabetes.
- Chromium – Widely publicized as an effective supplement for diabetics, chromium is beginning to gain a lot of popularity among diabetics.
- Ginseng – North American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) improves blood glucose control and glycosylated hemoglobin levels.
- Vanadium – It is suggested that vanadium increases an individual’s sensitivity to insulin.
A diabetic’s quest for the cure can lead a lot of experimentation. It is not unusual for a diabetic to have a cocktail of prescription drugs and try various alternative treatments.
However, if you are diabetic, always keep in mind that lifestyle change is key. The foods you eat and physical activity are always in play and if you want to reverse your diabetes, you must wake up from being drug-dependent the medical world has turned you into.