Prescription medications are often necessary for treating serious or chronic conditions, and they can be critical to a man’s overall health. However, many medications come with a host of unwanted side effects. For men, impaired sexual performance can be an especially upsetting problem, as medications can interfere with hormone production, circulation and nerve function, leading to a reduction in sexual desire and/or the ability to become aroused. While it is important to follow a treatment plan for a serious health problem, impaired sexual performance can create problems of its own, affecting a man’s overall quality of life. Fortunately, by working with their doctors, as well as engaging in adequate penis care, men are often able to improve their responsiveness and ability to perform.
The following types of medications are often prescribed for dealing with common health problems and are known to cause problems with sexual performance in men (as well as women, in many cases):
1) Medications for hypertension (high blood pressure);
2) Antidepressants and antianxiety medications;
3) Anti-seizure medications used for treating epilepsy;
4) Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (these may include over-the-counter medications for treating everyday aches and pains);
5) Medications used in treating Parkinson’s disease;
6) Antiarrhythmic heart medications;
7) Antihistamines (over-the-counter remedies for colds and allergies may be included in this category);
8) Muscle relaxants;
9) Prostate cancer medications;
10) Chemotherapy medications.
In addition to doctor-prescribed medications, there are numerous recreational and illicit substances 陪診服務 that can have unwanted sexual side effects; even alcohol can have a negative impact in terms of sexual performance.
Tips for handling medication-induced loss of sexual function
Loss of sexual function can be enormously frustrating; however, it is critically important that men do NOT stop taking any medications without consulting with their physicians first. Stopping a prescribed treatment may lead to dangerous health complications. Other solutions may be available to address sexual performance problems:
1) Alternative medications. Often, when loss of performance is of concern, there are alternative medications that may address the same health issue without the negative effects on a man’s sexual response. Men should work with their doctors to find the medication that works best for their condition.
2) Dietary changes.Whether loss of function is linked to medications or to the underlying medical condition, changes to the diet can help to improve a man’s overall physiological health, not to mention his ability to perform. Eating fresh, unprocessed foods that are rich in vitamins, minerals, heart-healthy fats, lean protein and fiber can increase energy levels, improve a man’s mood and promote healthy heart function – all of which are important to a healthy libido.
3) Exercise.Enough can’t be said about the importance of physical activity. Regular exercise is a crucial part of staying healthy, and this includes not only a man’s physical condition, but his mental health as well. Exercising for at least 30 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week, can have enormous benefits, including weight loss, increased cardiovascular function and feelings of well-being and confidence.
4) Medications. While not all men are enthusiastic about adding a medication to counter the effects of another medication, some may choose to explore this option. In some cases, doctors may suggest another prescription medication to counter issues with impotence.